DUSTIN + HOLLY
We met at Pacific Lutheran University our freshman year. After a midnight kiss on the Eve of 2008 Dustin asked Holly to be his girlfriend.
After four years at PLU, we temporarily settled in opposite cities. But alas! We put a year of long distance (and way too much familiarity with I5 from Portland to Seattle) behind us and made the move to Queen Anne! We settled into the tiniest condo overlooking Magnolia and the Olympic Mountains and jumped into life in the city.
On Saturday, August 11 after a full day of cycling (that included a venture to Golden Gardens) Dustin took Holly on a picnic at Discovery Park. Sitting up on the bluff, looking out at the (almost not) sun setting over the Olympics Dustin proposed.
5 things about Dustin (as told by Holly)
- Dustin is a gym rat and motivates my routine.
- Dustin always gives people the benefit of the doubt.
- Dustin can eat an entire half gallon of ice cream in one sitting, and does so at least once a month.
- Dustin appears to be shy, but just give him a couple beers and he won’t stop talking.
- Dustin is the best listener.
5 things about Holly (as told by Dustin)
- Holly will go out of her way to pick me up from work even if she’s already home in her pjs.
- If you order something to eat and Holly says she’s fine that really means she wants a bite or two.
- Holly loves birthdays (not just her own).
- Holly is the only person I know who likes kale.
- Holly loves all things french.